Thursday, August 5, 2010

Look What We Can Do!!


OK, so this really has nothing to do with Marley other than the fact that his super cool Papa and Momma did all this amazing work! My parents rent a condo in Solana Beach twice a year for a month and while they were here in May-June my dad and I did a whole lot of building!!
We started with a table to surround the firepit I bought...Dad taught me how to weld, but I still need to tile it! Then we moved onto this custom planter...

After a big wind storm my next door neighbor's pergola thing blew to pieces, so I asked him if I could have some of it. I took the corners apart and spray painted them blue to make a trellis for the jasmine! So it's green...blue, but green!!

Then we reconstructed the existing benches to make them more comfy and sturdier...


Dad had to test them out to make sure they were lounge worthy!

They are!!

And here is the finished product!! A comfy seating area with a firepit for those cool Temecula evenings! The tile that I will be using is totally different from what is pictured here, and I will update when I finish...if I ever get a job and can afford the $16 per piece tile!

No comments: